Thursday 5 July 2012

Thriller EPK Campaign

Looking through my questionnaire research I have come to the following conclusion. I can see a lot of people tend to find out more about movies through common advertisements such as posters and trailers. It seems that the more used ways work best. There are some exceptions when people use unique ways to advertise, but this tends to cost a lot more for the budget. Other people occasionally use websites like IMDb to see up coming movies. The way people look at these new movies tend to be by looking at their favourite actors to see what they are going to be in next, or see what the top director is going to be working on next.


I was very surprised to see that a lot of people don't use the movie's official website for information regarding the movie. I would have assumed that it being the official website and not using any public input, that it would be a lot more reliable.


Many other people tend to like Internet Movie Database, which could be down to the nicely laid out information and the fact that it should be reliable because they are stricter on who posts the information and they have a reputation to keep up. There is still the fact that it won't be the best information because they can often rely on rumours or other public information.

Analysing more over the thriller itself, people do seem to recognise it more as a thriller. They like the quick cuts keep up the fast paced action. Another thing they liked was the camera angles, I went full out on the thriller using some of my good equipment. The colour correction in the movie seemed to go down quite well, it gave my thriller that slight higher budget more movie style. Some people did find the story quite confusing and the acting wasn't too perfect which I would also agree with. If I had more time, I would have worked more on building up the story and working on the characters a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment